Easiest Way To Disable HS-105

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-15 23:45:42 - last edited 2019-03-16 21:37:10
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. I purchased and set up an HS-105 to work with an Amazon Echo Dot today for my elderly Mom. It works perfectly. But here's my question. I can see where there may be times when it confuses her and she wants to be able to turn the lamp on and off manually. Yet today, after I set it up, once I asked Alexa to "Turn the Lamp Off", I was unable to turn the lamp back on manually. And this makes perfect sense because the HS105 has it off. Conversely, once you turn the light off via the wall switch, there is no way for Alexa/HS-105 to turn it on.

So ... is there any easy way to override the HS105 or disable it (other than asking Alexa to turn it back on or using her TP app to do it)?

Many thanks.

Larry

Options
1 Reply
Re:Easiest Way To Disable HS-105
2019-03-18 16:15:08

@LarryE 

Actually this is very simple to do.  Instead of trying to turn the lamp on and off manually with its stwitch.  Leave the lamp on like you would if you were going to control the device through the Kasa App or Voice commands, then use the manual on/off button on the side of the HS105.  This will trigger the light on or off without using the App or Voice commands 

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 934

Replies: 1