Please release Apple Homekit support update!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-20 18:41:01
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Thanks!

Options
10 Reply
Re:Please release Apple Homekit support update!
2019-03-20 22:15:02

@Zell 

It's comming soon.  Keep an eye on KasaSmart.com for updates. 

Options
2019-05-02 02:07:37

I hope “coming soon” does mean soon. I’ve been hearing this for quite some time and looking forward to dumping Alexa. 

Options
Re:Re:Please release Apple Homekit support update!
2019-07-06 17:03:50
Any updates?
Options
Re:Re:Re:Please release Apple Homekit support update!
2019-07-06 22:19:35

Coming soon, it’s not even breathing hard....

Jpwindman wrote

Any updates?

Options
Re:Re:Please release Apple Homekit support update!
2019-08-22 17:54:12 - last edited 2019-08-22 17:54:46

@Carl, HomeKit support is not coming soon. It's not coming at all.

You lied, TP-Link lied, and now I'm stuck with a bunch of TP-Link devices that will not work with my preferred IoT ecosystem despite promises to the contrary. Maybe that was the point all along.

Whatever the case, TP-Link's name is mud to me, and I will actively dissuade family and friends from buying your products in the future.

Options
2019-08-26 23:49:21

@pintapass 

No one lied.  At the time of the my last reply back in March of this year we still had plans that the HS105 would become compatible with Apple HomeKit.  This was the best infromation we had available at the time.  However these plans did not pan out and the project was cancled.  Also keep in mind we never confrimed 100% that HomeKit would be comming.  Our CES annoucement said we planned to have it be compatible in early 2019 (See below)

"All Kasa Smart products are based on Wi-Fi and work out of the box with your home router. They also are compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Microsoft Cortana allowing control of products through simple voice commands. The best-selling Kasa Smart Plug Mini is also planned to be compatible with Apple HomeKit in early 2019. Additionally, with the Kasa Smart iOS and Android app you can remotely control, group multiple devices together and set schedules to automate your smart home."

We understand there are some customers that purchased the HS105 with the idea that they would eventually be able to use the product with their HomeKit setup and we understand these same customers are upset that is no longer the case.  This does not mean that HomeKit will not eventually be compatible with TP-Link products it just means that at this time we are unable to provide compatiblity.  If or when plans are made and confrimed we will make an official annoucement and include product compatiblity. 

Also keep in mind that just because HomeKit is not available doesn't mean the products have no worth or that they can't solve your smart home needs. You just won't be able to control via voice commands within the HomeKit ecosphere.   

Options
2019-11-19 13:29:21

@Carl Please add the "Add to Siri" support, then by using Siri shortcuts the user can add voice control of the smart plugs and lights without any hub required. The shortcut would just run the functions of the Kasa app. by voice control.

Options
2019-11-19 17:08:51

@Moose13 

At this time that won't be possible.  Siri is tied to Apple HomeKit and plans for HomeKit are currently being re-evaluated.  The service was not launched on the HS105 as orginally planned.  As more infromation becomes available we will share it in an official annoucement.

Options
2019-11-26 12:59:32

@Carl I don't beleive that "Add to Siri" is tied to Apple Homekit, it is not mentioned in the following artical that talks about SiriKit.

developer.apple.com/documentation/sirikit

Options
2020-03-23 00:16:29 - last edited 2020-03-23 00:18:03

Wi-Fi signals are simply radio waves. This means they have to pass through the air to enable communication. 19216811.life

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 2821

Replies: 10