The Archer T4U can't connect to 5ghz
2019-03-22 02:13:22
Model: AC500
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello there! It happened last night while I was playing the game. It disconnected and it changed to 2.0 GHz until now I can't change to 5.0 GHz. Please help! And I don't know what is the model.

Options
5 Replies
Re:The Archer T4U can't connect to 5ghz
2019-03-22 16:14:57

@Bestieee You computer may have switched to the 2.4Ghz as the 5Ghz signal may have dropped. Look at your available Wi-Fi networks and see if 5Ghz is visible. If so, just connect back to the 5Ghz Wi-Fi. If not, use a different device like a cell phone to verify if the 5Ghz signal is being broadcasted by your router or not.

Options
Re:Re:The Archer T4U can't connect to 5ghz
2019-03-23 06:46:22

Tony wrote

@Bestieee You computer may have switched to the 2.4Ghz as the 5Ghz signal may have dropped. Look at your available Wi-Fi networks and see if 5Ghz is visible. If so, just connect back to the 5Ghz Wi-Fi. If not, use a different device like a cell phone to verify if the 5Ghz signal is being broadcasted by your router or not.

I couldn't connect to 5Ghz for several times. And it still doesn't WORK. On my phone, it still connects to TP-LINK 5Ghz. So PLEASE give me something else to fix my adapter please.

Options
Re:Re:Re:The Archer T4U can't connect to 5ghz
2019-03-25 23:16:44

@Bestieee 

You just have to forget the Wi-Fi network, what ever profile your computer saved is not working. When you connect again it will prompt you for the wireless password again.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:The Archer T4U can't connect to 5ghz
2019-03-26 17:50:31

Tony wrote

@Bestieee 

You just have to forget the Wi-Fi network, what ever profile your computer saved is not working. When you connect again it will prompt you for the wireless password again.

It still doesn't work. I bought it for 2 months. And now it happens

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:The Archer T4U can't connect to 5ghz
a week ago

Try with a USB 3.0 or superior.

I have the same issue and i reinstall the driver, but i use the driver of windows (see in the image).

Good luck!

Options