Multiple AC1200 Extenders in 2200 Sq Ft House

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-23 21:09:06
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20171115 Real.41733

I tried using two of the AC1200 range extenders in a 2200 sqr foot house (not just because of size, but because of tile walls) and there's been an almost constant conflict between them.  If I reset all wifi, including main router, they work well for a little while.  At some point in time though, I start notcing them seemingly cancelling each other out.  My devices have a hard time connecting to the network and neither extender appears in the "My Devices" tab in the Tether app.  If I go down to just one, it works fine by itself, but no devices ever connect to it.  I'm sure the signal is weak in the corner of the house farthest away from the main router though, because I lose two wifi bars.  I guess these things are really that weak and useless...unless someone has some suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple AC1200 Extenders in 2200 Sq Ft House
2019-03-25 17:39:22

@damian.niolet 

When using mulitple Range Extenders the most important thing is deployment.  Espically if you are cloning the SSID from the main router.  

1.  Then need to be linked to the router, and not to each other.  While "Daisy Chaining" is techincally possible it is not recommended due to speed and connection issues that will result from it. 

2.  They should be placed on opposite ends from each other.  When using mulitple range extenders you ideally want the router centerally located and the extenders in opposite ends of the home.  This is to eliminate the possiblity of conflicting signals

3.  They should be postiolioned with in a good signal enviroment from the router.  A range extender can only extend the signal they recieve, so if its a poor signal they will send out a poor signal.

If any of the above is not possible there are two options you would want to consider.  1.  a wireless powerline kit  2.  a Mesh networking router system.  

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2370

Replies: 1

Related Articles