3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
689 Reply
Re:3 way Dimmer switch?
2020-06-05 19:19:23

TP LInk really needs to develop and release a 3-way smart dimmer switch. I have observed that TP Link does not appear to have this product actively in development. This is a major missing link in the smart Kasa group of home lighting control. I have multiple locations in my home where I would use this product, but for now I have to rely on Leviton for this functionality. I would prefer to work with one supplier for all my switches and outlets, but TP Link is letting me down in this regard.

Options
2020-06-05 19:37:03

@SteveSJ Have you not read the previous 9 pages on this topic? I'm not jumping on you but that was teh whole discussions for the first 8 pages. I'm with you, I was one of the first to jump in here as well a year ago. But on page 8 or 9 I think the TPLink moderator has mentioned they are now developing this and will probably be out around year end. Been over a year since I brought it up, so sometime under a year to go. I agree, for TP-Link who seemed to be at the forefront of smarthome tech for the average person for a while, they have really rested on their laurals lately. 

Options
2020-06-05 20:23:00

@Wolfpack98 thank you for your comments. I certainly was aware of the long thread related to this topic. No worries. As a Product Development Marketing Technologist in a similar space I also know that the more voices on a topic can often bring more resources to the situation. I am a bit surprised that a technology company like TP link would allow such a gap to exist. Additionally, other suppliers have accomplished this task, so it shouldn't take TP link a long time to develop the product. Thanks again for the input and let's hope we see such a product in the not so distant future.

Options
2020-06-08 01:55:23

I here to support this post ! I WANT some 3-way dimmer plzzzzzzz 

Options
2020-06-10 12:38:43

Carl wrote

@btd 

On our main page under home products there is a banner for our Beta Tester application.  Please fill that out.  The testing teams pull beta testers from there.  

@Carl do you have a link to this applicaiton? Can't seem to find it and interested. 

Thanks 

Options
2020-06-10 13:28:01

@mattyp  It looks like the current beta test is for network solutions: 

Product to test: This beta test will assess the new networking products from TP-Link, such as wireless routers, range extenders, mesh system etc.

Here is the link to the home page:  https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/   There is a banner that talks about testing new products so if you click on that it will bring you to a form to fill out.  

Options
2020-06-15 14:07:19

@Carl Great news! I have over 60 switches I'm hoping to replace in my new home and I'd love to use Kasa (just installed 2 of your dimmers to test them out and I'm a fan).  No 3 way dimmer is a deal breaker, so this would definitely tie me into your ecosystem.  I'd love to stay in the know if there is somewhere I can keep an eye out for updates.

Cheers

Doug

Options
2020-06-15 16:32:49

@dhemmer 

we plan on posting an annoucement as soon as we have one to share.  Just keep an eye on the community as this is were we will post it.  

Options
2020-06-25 21:59:41

@echo954 

Add me to the list of people wanting a smart 3 way dimmable switch. 

Options
2020-06-26 15:10:29

+1 on a 3 way dimmer - just anout to do our electrical for a basement remodel and decided this is the way to go. As a Kasa house we will figure out a creative temporary solution until a permenant one is in place 

Options
Related Articles