Keep light off when power comes back on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-30 02:06:53
Model: LB120  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just got this bulb and have heard in the past with other bulbs that when the power comes back on, the bulbs turn on (across many brands). I am still trying Kasa brand because the smart plugs have been working well, but if I can't keep them off when the power comes on, then I can't justify putting these in my son's room. Is there a way to keep the bulb off when the power comes on? 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Keep light off when power comes back on
2019-04-01 20:43:30

@MikeWills 

What you can do is set one of the presets to have a brightness of the lowest settings (2%). Then go to the device settings of the bulb, and go to default states, and choose that preset.

Options
Re:Re:Keep light off when power comes back on
2019-04-03 00:12:49
Is there plans to fix that? It's still a light that turns on in the middle of the night possibility waking us up. I'd have a pissed off wife. I saw Hue fixed that recently, might be worth looking into fixing?
Options
2019-04-03 22:48:45

@MikeWills 

So far it does not seem like a feature that is being worked on.

Options
Re:Re:Keep light off when power comes back on
2019-05-13 10:52:56
I would vote for this to a priority item for the next update.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Keep light off when power comes back on
2019-06-21 01:34:57

I would like to see the light come back to it's previous state after a off to on.

And have it toggle it's state after a off to on, off to on.

Options
2021-07-27 00:15:56

@Tony any update on if they will add the option to keep the light off in the event of a power failure.  

Options
2021-09-13 02:02:25

@MikeWills Still waiting on this too... Seems like a no-brainer feature. My wife complains about it all the time to me. So now I am complaining here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2392

Replies: 7