Firmware update, now i have no connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-10 00:17:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'll preface this with the fact that I am in no way  well versed in IT. Two nights ago I checked my Deco app while playing around with my phone. There was a notice of a firmware update so I clicked and went through the procedure. As soon as it was done, I lost connection to all my devices. A call to customer service and various reboots later, nothing. Both decos have a green light after I'm done but will not connect with anything. My phone picks up the network but says either there are connectivity issues or that its waiting for a strong signal. I had zero problems before the update and my ISP che led and says everything looks good. Two days later I'm still waiting for ANY resolution from customer service and I've called, emailed and chatted . They all tell me someone will email me sometime with something. Any ideas? Please go easy on me, I can follow basic directions but am no whiz. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Firmware update, now i have no connectivity
2019-04-10 17:09:45

@Mrspikkle0801 

Looks like you were sent an email today with a solution from our engineers. If you still have issues, it be best to let them know to see what else can be done. But it seems the issue is that one of your Decos failed to update properly (to v1.2.6) so a manual update needs to be done.

Options
2019-04-12 12:46:06

I had a similar issue when I did my firmware update to the new 20190308 build. Except I had to go into the Deco app on my Android phone and just delete the network and reprovision it from scratch.

That being said, it looks like my other post was deleted for some reason, but since the update, despite getting the network back up, my Deco M9's don't appear to be making use of all 3 bands (2.4GHz, lower 5GHz, and upper 5GHz), only 2 (2.4GHz and lower 5GHz). Does anyone from TP-Link know why my M9's would suddently stop broadcasting on both 5GHz bands? They aren't even broadcasting a hidden SSID in that band for backhaul let alone client traffic. It makes use of the lower 5GHz but not upper 5GHz.

Options
2019-04-16 12:51:41

I have the same issue I connected to blue it found the deco but when turn on wifi the light turn red after resetting the deco M5. But if I am wired my laptop and tv still work but no wifi. I have reset the deco M5 five time same issue when try to connect to wifi. 

Options
2019-04-16 23:27:20

@browri 

@Tvutth 

If a firmware update went wrong that may have caused it. Get in touch with support for other ways to try and make sure the devices are updated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 881

Replies: 4

Related Articles