TP-Link Deco Speeds Dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-11 15:14:33
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Hi, I've had my deco system for about a month and it's been working great. I have the comcast 400mbps plan, and on my MacBook Pro (it's the late 2018 model) I can get the full speed + comcast's 20% overprovisioning (equating to about 467mbps). On my iPhone 8, I can only get about 300mbps. This happens pretty much all the time now. It's worth noting that I used to get 400mbps on my phone when I first got the deco system, and I've tried rebooting all the nodes. I guess my phone won't be my primary for downloading large files, but I like to download lots of HD movies :P Any ideas? Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Deco Speeds Dropping
2019-04-11 16:22:04

@ledbylight 

If you are getting 300 Mbps on your phone, that is actually still pretty good. You can try to mess with some settings in the Deco app such as QoS, beamforming, but I think that might be doing more damage then good given how your cpu seems to be running excellent.

Options
Re:Re:TP-Link Deco Speeds Dropping
2019-04-11 18:08:30

Oh ok, thanks :) Would you mind explaining beamforming?

Options
Re:Re:Re:TP-Link Deco Speeds Dropping
2019-04-11 18:16:32

@ledbylight 

It is a feature in which a router can "see" where the device is so it will try and provide a stronger signal to it to get better performance. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 754

Replies: 3

Related Articles