Archer C5 V2 doesn't allow security cam images through...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-13 05:28:27
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have an Archer C5 US V2 hooked to an Arris TM1602A cable modem (with VOIP--not used) from Brighthouse/Spectrum. The Archer has the latest firmware according to your website so I did not upgrade it. It is working fine as far as downloads, connecting wirelessly and whatnot.

The issue is I'm trying to get my wired Zosi DVR security camera system to display images/video through it. The DVR displays correctly to the monitor hooked directly to it. The DVR is hooked to one of the LAN ports in the back of the Archer. The DVR shows "connected" in its Network settings. It was also able to send a notification Email to my Gmail acct. But I am unable to view camera footage through the app on my phone via WiFi or through my desktop computer which is wired into the back of the router. The only setting mods other than changing passwords is I made my computer the only one able to modify settings in the GUI.

The Chinglish of the manual for the Zosi mentions something about disabling the firewall of the router but I'm not really wanting to do that or will I have to? Or could it be something to do with the cable modem? I'm pretty sure the modem is set up as a "pass-through". Thanks for your reply!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C5 V2 doesn't allow security cam images through...
2019-04-16 17:10:46

@Bobster 

It sounds like at least on the face of this issue that you would need to enable port forwarding.  In most cases if something mentions disabling a firewall it has to do with opening and closing ports.  You can look at the manual for the DVR and see what ports need to be opened.  You can also try putting the DVR as the DMZ device.  On a home router the DMZ basically opens all ports.  While this option is easier it does have 1 flaw, securirty for the device in the DMZ.  With all ports open the DVR will accept all request presented to it.  obvioulsy not the best solution when dealing with a device designed for securirty.  Once you have the ports we have FAQs on our website showing how to setup port forwarding https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/742/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 1