Client Device Icons Gone After Firmware Upgrade?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-16 14:01:12
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 170926 Rel.63400n

I just installed a new Archer C3150 router last night. It came in the box with Firmware Version 1.0.0 0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 170225 Rel.43475n.

After initial setup on that older firmware, the Tether app allowed me to assign a variety of client device "icons" to each client on the network. For example, a light bulb icon for a smart bulb, or a TV icon for my Apple TV.

Now that I've updated to Firmware Build 170926, however, all of my device icons disappeared. When I try to re-assign them, (1) many of the options are missing; I'm down to about eight options, and (2) the icon changes don't "stick," i.e. I'll change the icon for a device, only for it to revert back after tapping "Save."

I can't tell if this is a problem with the Tether app or a problem with the router's firmware.

Does anyone else have this problem? I miss the variety of icons, but I also miss the icons staying put when I set them!

Thanks,

Bill

Options
1 Reply
Re:Client Device Icons Gone After Firmware Upgrade?
2019-04-18 16:42:03

@Billimp 

So we looked into this and it looks like its because the firmware you were on was several versions old.  The firmware before the latest one required a reconfigure in order to apply the changes fully.  As this firmware is an evolution to that one and you were upgrading past this firmware our engieering team said this step would apply.  If you reset your router and reconfigure it, we are told the icons should load properly and stay assinged. 

If not let us know.

Best Regards  

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1273

Replies: 1