Remote control won't turn on in app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-17 16:57:16 - last edited 2019-04-17 16:59:37
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

When trying to turn on the Remote Control function on one of my smart dimmers, the app doesn't let me. I move the slider to the right, and it keeps automatically popping back to the left and not staying on. I've restarted the device, re-added it to Kasa, restarted the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, and nothing has worked. Both the app and device firmware are on the latest build. 

I installed three HS220 dimmer switches all at the same time and the other two switches do not have the same issue—I was able to turn the remote control on in the app for those. Why would this one be so stubborn?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Remote control won't turn on in app
2019-04-17 17:20:00

@andybee02 

Its possible its firmware related.  Use this FAQ to check for firmware updates.  https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1256/

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:Remote control won't turn on in app
2019-04-17 17:29:45
If so, it's on the latest firmware and I have two other identical dimmer switches on the same firmware that work without an issue.
Options
Re:Re:Remote control won't turn on in app
2019-12-31 06:04:54

@andybee02 

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same issue. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1012

Replies: 3