UPNP bug in latest firmware of A7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-20 06:28:43
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20190403 rel.72961(5553)

I just upgraded my Archer A7 to the latest firmware, and in doing so all of my UPNP devices stopped working(i could no longer access them from outside my network)..

I have a lot of UPNP devices and software: Directv Genie, Plex, and Vuze....

The only way i could get UPNP to work again is by going to the A7's settings, and turning off UPNP, rebooting the router, and then turn UPNP back on, and rebooting again.

This is the second firmware upgrade that had something go wrong, and while it's not as bad as the previous bug(i had to do a factory reset to get the router back working), the upgrade process is fairly simple, especially with the iOS app, but if i keep having problems with the firmware, i will be very wary about upgrading.... 

thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:UPNP bug in latest firmware of A7
2019-04-22 17:21:30

@steveymacjr 

Usually access issues to devices that rely on UPNP or Port Forwarding for remote or cloud access after a frimware update is becuase the router will sometime need a power cycle to apply the settings fully. These powercycles allow the features to be fully applied and allow the connections to be re-established.  In some cases Firmware will require a reconfiguration of the router.  If a user goes from one version of FW to a new one but skips a few versions in between its always good to see what those FW required.  As new FW is a build upon the previous any requirments of those will be a requirement of the new one, if you are skipping them.  That could explain the issue you had the first go around.  

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:UPNP bug in latest firmware of A7
2019-05-03 19:25:45

I encountered a problem when I upgraded to 1.0.9 that's related to port forwarding.  I have an NVR that I need to access from my phone both locally while connected to my LAN and remotely while connected to the 4G network.  After I uipgraded to 1.0.9, I could still access from remote connections, but not locally.  I upgraded from 1.0.7 which was the last release I was aware of before 1.0.9.

I've reported this to TP Link customer service, but no resolution so far.  I believe NAT loopback is broken, but I'll give the power scycle fix a try.

Options
2019-10-24 11:35:48

@steveymacjr I am having the same issue, today I have discoverd it, once (xbox turn off or close the game) the router restart alone.

Options
2019-10-24 11:36:52
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2297

Replies: 4