[C1200] Lights Never Blink, Always Solid, No Connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-22 19:42:43 - last edited 2019-04-22 19:44:45
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Having the oddest problem! I've had an Archer C1200 for just over a year -- worked perfectly out of the box, easiest setup of any router I've ever had, it's been a dream.

Yesterday, my internet just dropped without warning (I was in Discord at the time, just poof). The ethernet connection on Windows 10 was listed as "Unidentified Network" all of a sudden, with no internet connectivity. Did the usual, power cycled the modem, the router, rebooted computer, renewed IP addresses, etc. Still nothing. Attempted to switch to wireless and discovered that my SSID is no longer in the list of available networks.

Tried to do a factory reset (paper clip in the hole), but the green lights just... stay green. No matter how long or short I hold the reset button, the lights are solid, no blinking, nothing. Turned the router off and back on, all the lights come on immediately and stay steady - no blinking of any kind.

Plugged my computer directly to the ethernet on the modem, boom, instant connectivity.

Is this C1200 just bricked? I've never encountered a device I couldn't even factory reset! That makes me fear the worst.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:[C1200] Lights Never Blink, Always Solid, No Connectivity
2019-04-23 17:13:21

@Mook 

Ya, that does not sound too good. Disconnect all the cables, and only have your computer wired to the one of the LAN ports of the router. Do a factory reset again. When the router comes back up. Look to see what IP address the computer gets. It should be something like 192.168.0.100. If so, try to log into the router by typing in 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser, login is:

Username: admin

Password: admin

Once logged in check the firmware to make sure it is the latest, depending on the hardware version and build. Here is a link to the firmware page:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c1200/

If your computer gets an IP of 169.x.x.x instead, then there might be a bigger issue, at that point it would be best to contact support.

Options
Re:[C1200] Lights Never Blink, Always Solid, No Connectivity
2019-05-07 23:03:59

This same exact thing just happened to my Archer A9 that was in use for all of 3 days. I have green 2.4GHz, orange WAN, and green WPS lights on and solid from the moment I power it on

Options
Re:Re:[C1200] Lights Never Blink, Always Solid, No Connectivity
2019-05-29 21:00:22

@ObiBats 

From your light status you mention it sounds like a bricked router.  you can try this FAQ https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1482/ to resolve this issue.  Before you attempt it please make sure you have the latest driver for your router.  This FAQ will only work on V3 and up of the Archer C9

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 13554

Replies: 3