Controlling smart switches with my phone and my wifes phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-25 00:49:48

How doI set up my wifes phone to controll the smart switches? Mine is set up and works fine, but I also want my wifes phone to control the switches too ? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Controlling smart switches with my phone and my wifes phone
2019-04-25 16:50:14

@tronlaramie 

For this all you have to do is download the TP-Link Kasa app on her phone,  Sign into the same Kasa Account and thats it.  :-)

Options
Re:Re:Controlling smart switches with my phone and my wifes phone
2019-05-20 16:20:59

This design is simply a bad one on both security and usability. TP-Link please redesign how your Kasa account and app work.

Each person should have her/his own account. Then, one can invite others to control all or certain smart devices.

For example, I want to give my son control to his room switch and some others when he visited, but I don't want him to mess up my other smart device setups.

Options
2019-07-09 17:54:53

I am looking for the same feature in the APP. I have same problem in my setup. I dont think TP-LINK is willing to update KASA with feature, so I am looking other app like home remote. Try that, in that application you have option to add as many account for same device manufacturer.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Controlling smart switches with my phone and my wifes phone
2019-07-30 02:23:45

I want to voice my agreement with your ideas. yes

Options
Re:Re:Re:Controlling smart switches with my phone and my wifes phone
2019-07-31 23:31:55

@kochinc 

That's simply not a posisblity right now.  When you log into your Kasa account you are logging into the cloud server that the devices are linked to.  These devices can only be linked to one account so there is not currently a way to have multiple accounts access the same devices.  In fact that would be less secure.  Also even if multiple accounts would be allowed it would still be to control all devices associated with that account.  There would simply not be a way to allow various devices to be controled by specific people.  

One alternative would be to use Voice Assistants like Google or Amazon.  

Options
2019-08-05 22:39:31

"There would simply not be a way to allow various devices to be controled by specific people"

This is a feature that your engineers could build. Please pass the feedback along to them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1679

Replies: 6