Suggestion: add interval scheduling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-06 18:03:41 - last edited 2019-05-06 18:05:28
Model: KP100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Create a way to schedule on an off as such:

- turn on for 30 minutes

- then turn off for 10 minutes

- Repeat

Currently, I have to just add scheduling for on/off multiple times.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Suggestion: add interval scheduling
2019-05-06 23:37:36

@Markazali 

This is very similar to the Timer feature that already exist.  However you can only set one time at time.  Another option is to use Alexa and possibly Google.  We have not tested with Google but with Alexa you can set actions at specific times like in your example.  We will add your suggestion to our list though.

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Suggestion: add interval scheduling
2019-06-02 23:35:06

I want to run 15min every hour when I'm home.

Using the scheduler I have to put in 2 entires (on & off) for every hour, 24 times.. so 48 entires total.... geez...

What a passive PIA.

When I bought thits thing, I just assumed you'd have a intervel schduluar like the non-smart timer plugs. Boy was I wrong. I would never have bought this thing if I knew what a PIA it'd be to set up simething as simple as "run 15 min every hour".

I was going to buy a bunch of these for my house..... I'm glad I didn't. I'd be at the schdueling for hours.

I can't bealive you botched up something so simple.

Asking me to use another provider for this feature (e.g. use google or alex).. then what exactly am I paying for? It's not like it's a "smart" switch anymore. It's just a wifi controled switch.

Options
Re:Re:Suggestion: add interval scheduling
2019-06-06 00:50:33

@JR_West 

When our smart switches and plugs were developed only the most commonly used features were added to their offerings.  Your request is very unique.  There are not too many users who would want a hourly sechdule.  We will add this request to our features request from and send it to the Smart Home division, I'm just not sure if they would consider this a feature users in general would want.  The suggestion to use a Alexa or Google voice assistant was made so you could potentially achieve your desired results without the hassle of messy scheduling.  

Keep in mind you can group devices together to share schedules so you would only need to set it up once for the group.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Suggestion: add interval scheduling
2019-07-04 01:39:41
I want to have the same interval scheduling and even smarter. Here is an example. Between time 0 am and 6 am, turn on device for 40 minutes and turn off for 20 minutes. Between 6 am and 18 pm, turn on device for 30 minutes and off for 30 minutes. Please add this feature. This is very important to me.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 823

Replies: 4