No access to 2.4ghz side , says incorrect pass.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-09 18:04:50
Model: Archer CR1900  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: N/a

So have a brand new combo modem setup and password works and can access 5ghz to join.  2.4ghz side shows and has same password but will not let any device connect to and states the password is incorrect although both within router show the samething and i could not find any other settings within router that could be an issue to cause unless i am totally messing something. This is my first TP-link router so i might not see what the issue is as it is a lil different in certain aspects . Thanks for any and all help. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:No access to 2.4ghz side , says incorrect pass.
2019-05-10 15:21:56

@VoidedApex 

If the 2.4GHz network name is the same name you had before you had the TP-Link, forget the network on your client devices and connect again so you get prompted for the password, and enter it again.

Other things you can try is to change the password to something else such as a string of numbers. Save it and test that to see if you are at teh very least able to connect.

Options
Re:No access to 2.4ghz side , says incorrect pass.
2019-06-16 12:30:57

I have the exact same problem. I have reset the router and that fixed the problem temporarily but it always happens again a day or two later. Haven’t found a fix. Very frustrating. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2682

Replies: 2