Can't view camera from outside home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-09 21:09:51

Hello,

I bought the KC120 camera to use as a baby monitor.  The first 8 weeks it seemed to work great and i could monitor it from outside the home without any problem.  Now when i try to access the live feed from outside my house, it says there is an error and i cant even pull up recorded clips from it as well.  The firmware is all up to date, i have no problem viewing it from inside my home.  Could anyone please shed some light on what i am doing wrong and a possible fix?

Thank you in advance

Options
8 Reply
Re:Can't view camera from outside home
2019-05-10 15:25:59

@dvil0831 

Look at the LED light, it should be solid green indicating it is connected to the cloud. If it is blinking green it is just connected to the Wi-Fi network.

Disconnect the power to the camera, and boot it back up, then try to connect to it over the celluar connection.

If that does not work, delete the camera from the app, then hold the reset on the camera for 15 seconds (remove back cap) and add the camera back. Removing the camera from the app will not delete all the video, it is saved to the cloud.

Options
Re:Re:Can't view camera from outside home
2019-05-17 05:33:46

I have two kc120. One with old firmware 2.1.9 still work like a charm. Recording, motion detection and access outside. But the other one just updated with latest 2.2.19. Everything stopped working except check cam from local network. Can’t record. No motion detection and no remote access. Seth must be wrong w/ the latest update. Please fix. Thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Can't view camera from outside home
2019-05-17 06:32:09

All two in 2.2.19 now. Both two were  bought from costco and opened today. It works fine after set up. But after firmware update (automatically?) All dead. If no new firmware comes out quickly, had return to Cosco. Easy but sad.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Can't view camera from outside home
2019-06-07 00:17:53

@Shanez 

Do you still have the cameras?  If so please PM me your KASA ID and the mac address of the cameras.  We will look at there status on your kasa account and see what can be done. 

Options
2021-02-06 09:15:26

@Tony 

I am having the same problem with my 2 Spot Pan Tilts.

they work fine at home on my wifi but once I leave my house I cannot control any action. 

cannot move them, no notifications, no microphone access etc. 

I can see what the cameras are seeing live but that's all

Options
2021-02-06 09:16:14
I have deleted & reinstalled the apps several times but have the same issues.
Options
2021-11-18 21:05:46

@Carl we are having the same issue with ours. Can you look into it? Thank you. 

Options
2021-11-19 01:52:56

@Surf102 

What kind of issues are you having with your camera?  What camera do you have?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4075

Replies: 8