Can I disable remote management on a Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I disable remote management on a Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Can I disable remote management on a Deco M5
2021-12-29 11:31:01

@TP-Link 

Thank you. 2FA would fix the leaked password vulnerability. Would you comment on whether 2FA would fix the "any Deco owner is vulnerable to a hostile government that sends a warrant compelling tplink to give it control of the customer’s Deco." Vulnerability?

Options
2021-12-30 01:59:12

@TP-Link 

Nope, my primary concern is the US government, since that is where I live.

Options
2021-12-30 03:09:10

@Mark123 

Hi, In this way, I don’t think I have an answer for it.

If you don’t mind, I would suggest sending an email to support.usa@tp-link.com or feedback via Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-03-23 07:36:23

I really don't like this feature, what ports I need to block to get rid of remote management?

After configuration, is there any need of that anyway?

tho I still have some weeks left to return, but that would be bit sadly as it seems to work quite well

Annoying features:

it uses same password as tp-link webpage, would be nice to be able to use complex password on app and simple one on webpage (now I had to reset password to be able to wrote in forum...)

second it has random MAC addresses (at least on AC mode), I assign those decos to 192.168.1.11   .12  and .13  by MAC from DHCP router... but those devices change MACs from what reads on sticker.

Options