Need another Powerline WiFi Extender – (TL-WPA7510 KIT)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-14 23:19:16
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

i recently purchased TP-LINK powerline adapter kit TL-WPA7510 kit which works great. However I am finding it rather confusing and difficult to purchase an extra compatible extender to plug in my second computer downstairs. The kit came with 1 main unit that plugs into the modem and 1 extender. I would like to add one more extender without buying a whole second kit. 1) Is this possible? 2) please tell me which would work with my current kit. I've emailed the company, searched online and spoke with amazon sales rep. without any definitive answers yet. Hopefully someone can give me a clear answer, link, or exact poduct name. Thanks in advance.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Need another Powerline WiFi Extender – (TL-WPA7510 KIT)
2019-05-15 18:40:23

@jarred77 

The kits are not sold individually. You will need to purchase another kit in order to add them in your existing powerline network. You do not have to wire another adapter to the router, only one device is wired, and the rest of the powerline adapters are placed around your residence.

If you are looking to add adapters to wire to the computer, you do not needs another wireless kit, you can get the wired only such as the TL-PA7010 KIT. You will have two wired only adapters to place anywhere.

Options
2019-05-18 19:40:44

Thank you very much for the advice

Options
2020-02-12 18:22:58

@Tony 

Do you know if a TL-WPA4220 will pair with a TL-WPA7510 kit?  I have the 7510 kit installed and running but would like to put a 4220 in another section of the house if possible.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sam

Options
2020-07-12 08:02:59

@Tony This is crazy.  I bought two kits originally, as I wanted two Wi-Fi extenders, so already have one 'spare' (=unused, wasted) base unit.  Now I require another Powerline Wi-Fi extender for my shed and you say the only way is to buy yet another complete kit and have 2 wasted base units.

Can't TP-link look at their sales procedures, and sell just the Wi-Fi extender, as phone companies do.  I bought a phone system with a base answerphone and single remote unit.  Then wanted to extend and could buy either a single, two, or three remote units without having to buy another base unit.

Options
2020-07-13 14:50:48

@Robert-E 

Agreed, would really like to see them offer this.  I would buy two more extenders one for a hard to reach area downstairs in my home and another for my shop.  But buying two more kits seems like a horrible waste of money.

Options
2020-07-13 14:53:35
Tony, Do you know if this can be ordered as a replacement part from TP-Link parts department or something similar? Not even sure this exists but I know when working with Dell and similar companies parts departments can often sell individual items out of "Kits" that are not available via retail. Thanks!
Options
2020-07-28 19:41:13
This topic is a little old but you should check Amazon because they sell the wifi powerline units individually. Also since powerline networking is a standard you can mix brands. I have two TPLink, a Trendnet and a Zyxel all working together.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9979

Replies: 7