How to create Multi-SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to create Multi-SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:How to create Multi-SSID
2021-05-04 07:29:32

I understand that TP intended seamless switching between 2 frequencies. But the reality is that my phone, for example, is very often switched to 2.4ghz unnecessarily

Options
2021-05-13 13:52:42

@Tony  Tony, I think we really need the option to separate the frequencies. I have two HD streaming devices, both within 7ft of an M9 Deco puck and Deco has given them the 2.4Ghz network which is not ideal for streaming HD content. I do have two cameras and a wifi printer on the 2.4Ghz network that cannot be connected to the guest wifi for obvious reasons so i cannot just turn off 2.4 and run 5Ghz.

Please give us the ability to separate the networks. It's not an unreasonable request.

Options
2021-06-13 18:59:50

Is there any progress? I bought a tp link mesh system but I need to create a 2.4 ghz network for smart home devices that is separate from my 5 ghz for computers/phones/tablets. If the TP link mesh system can't do this, I'll have to return it to Amazon and get a different one. Please let me know soon!

Options
2021-07-05 07:47:06

Really disappointing from TP-Link.

It is a simple function that you can find in any similar equipment. I can not understand why it's not available on this device.

Unfortunately, I can not return it as I have it for some time in the box

No offense but for sure I will reconsider buying TP-link products in the future. You can not read all documentation to find out if basic functions are supported in their product or they are just cheating you... :(

Options
2021-09-07 15:13:17

@jbortters Hello

I have Deco S4 and wan create new une SSID visitor.

Can I do?

Options
2021-09-08 03:13:52

@Hiraldo 

Hi, yes.

You could enable the guest network with a different SSID from the main network.

Options
2021-10-15 23:38:14

@Tony 

What a crock! TP-link makes, and I own, all KINDS of products that only support 2.4, have to be configured from your phone or tablet WHILE joined to a 2.4 only network, and cannot be used on ANY network that supports 5G and 2.4 because there is no way to tell most phones to ignore 5Ghz.

Do you not even talk to your other product teams? Your wifi solution, without multi-ssid and without a 2.4 only SSID is useless in the current modern home.  I can't believe I wasted my money on the x20 only to find this out.  It's going back in the box and back to Amazon with a 1 star review.  You really need to learn to scope your designs so they work with your own products.  I promise you, the people that design the TP-Link smart outlets, power strips, and bulbs would all facepalm if they read this response.  Complete FAIL.

Options
2021-11-04 20:01:35 - last edited 2021-11-04 20:09:42

@Tony

I did not received my deco x60 yet (will be receiving it tomorrow), but after reading this it is very very disappointing. Also I want my SSID to be saperated for 2.4 and 5 ghz due to smart devices and forcing devices to specific frequency.

Is this baked into the hardware that it is not possible to enable this feature by a software update, or are they completely ignoring our issue?

As I said I have not recieved the product yet, but when I do, and I cannot find such option in the setting, I will return the product immediately! 

Options
2021-11-05 08:12:06

@Unknown_ID 

Hi, since Deco supported the guest network, you could turn off the 2.4ghz on the main network, then enable the guest network of 2.4ghz only with a different SSID for smart home devices.

Options
2021-11-05 08:36:45

@TP-Link 

Thanks for your reply. But that is kinda of a work-around since you are not able to communicate with devices on the 2.4ghz. Due to they having a different DHCP ip, which makes smart devices not possible to have them work locally.

Why is it not possible to just enable this such feature?

Options