AC2600 Internet problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC2600 Internet problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AC2600 Internet problems
AC2600 Internet problems
2019-05-18 14:14:58

Ever since I first hooked up the AC2600 I’ve had nothing but internet speed issues. With WiFi and wired!  I have Verizon Fios gigabit speeds of about 980mbps download and 980mbps upload on wired.  Now I only get 100mbps download and upload on my wired devices.  My wireless devices lose connection when the AC2600 is in use.  When I stop using the AC2600 my WiFi is much better but my wired still is not back to my original speeds.  Can anyone help with this issues?

Options
2 Reply
Re:AC2600 Internet problems
2019-05-20 19:13:11

@Mkstretch 

If you unplugged the extender and your wired devices have reduced speed contact Fios, there may be an issue with the modem. The extender only works off of a wireless signal, and will extend the signal. If you have a situation where using the extender lowers your speed compared to be directly connected to the rouer. Then you do not need to utilize the extender.  An extender would be for situation where a corner of the house gets very little to no signal at all.

Options
Re:Re:AC2600 Internet problems
2019-05-20 20:57:25

My speed from Verizon to the router is full speed. But when I plug my windows laptop into the router it’s slow speeds.  If I plug in my MacBook I get full speeds.  It’s very strange. I swapped out the router already   Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2151

Replies: 2

Related Articles