4 way switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

4 way switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
4 way switch
4 way switch
2019-05-18 20:10:39

I was wondering whether you had any plans of releasing a 4 way switch kit for your smart switch line.  I have a hall light controlled by 3 different switches, and didn't see anything I could use to replace them all.  The best idea I could come up with is the 3-way kit plus just jumping out the 4way switch in the middle, but I'd prefer not to do that.

Options
6 Reply
Re:4 way switch
2019-05-20 19:54:20

@Flettz 

Unfortunately, we are not working on something like that. However, that request will definately be passed to our developers. Any suggestion we make sure to pass along for consideration.

Options
2019-07-10 05:32:52

I would like to echo this desire for a 4-way configuration. I have several in my home.  Furthermore, two of them incorporate a dimmer.

My suggestion would be to design switches that can be agregated into 3-way, 4-way and 5-way switch banks,  The banks could include only on/off switches, or on/off switches and a single dimmer switch to provide the desired capability.

Tj\hanks!!

Options
Re:Re:4 way switch
2019-07-30 02:17:30

I want to echo my agreement with this request. 

Options
2020-02-06 13:56:30

I have a 4 way swtich.  3 switches that can control hallway lights.

Switch 1: has red, black white ( and black and white connected togther, mine has a neutral wire in the back) 

Switch 2: has 2 red, 2 white

Swithc 3: has red black and white. (no netural wire in the back) 

Below is the simliar to the setup i can see from the switches.  I replaced the switch on the far left (Switch 1)  as shown in the diagram, with a 3 way switch from kasa.  

The problem is that the switches do not work right. Meaning i have to flip two of the slave switches to the same position and then kasa link would work.    Any suggestion on how i can fix this.  

On switch 3 there is no netural wire in the box (my other switches in the home seem to all have a netural wire) 

Options
2021-11-15 20:20:56
One way to solve this is to have the third or the fourth one as a unconnected smart switch that connects to wifi and commands the 3 way pairs based on the user input. Luserta has a similar setup where the second switch is a wireless remote.
Options
2021-11-16 05:07:25

@AnilJCB , I don't understand why remotes/secondaries need to be interconnected at all, yet every smart 3-way manufactuer does this.  They could create all 3-way (and more) smart switches with the primary wired like a regular 2-way with line and load right there in the wall box, directly managing the circuit.  Then all remotes only need line for their own power and send commands to the primary over WiFi.  Imagine all the wiring nightmares, include not have any travelers, that would be so easily resolved!    The phone app would have the primary added to the residence, and then the secondaries would not be added to the residence but only associated with the primary.  

Options