Linking an Smart Plug to an Smart Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-18 20:12:24
Model: HS105-KIT  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: ??

Need help linking my HS105 smart plug to my HS200 smart switch so it would follow the switch and turn on and off with our wall switch automatically. Don't see anyway to do that in the app. Grouping only works from the app but not from the switch itself. I thought of using IFTTT but didn't find an applet for it and don't know enough about it to do it myself. any help in the right direction is appreciated.

Thank you,

MM-

Options
2 Reply
Re:Linking an Smart Plug to an Smart Switch
2019-05-20 20:01:17

@movieman 

A big roadblock in IFTTT is that Kasa is not yet configuration in a applet to be a trigger. If it was, then you would easily be able to do what you would like.

Other then group the devices you do have the ability to do a voice command as well if that might help any.

Options
Re:Re:Linking an Smart Plug to an Smart Switch
2019-05-23 17:02:44

Thanks Tony for the info. Is there any plan to add this functionality to IFTTT's KASA module soon? WEMO module seems to be able to set trigger for thier switches with no issue. I really need this and reading more about it in forumes, it looks like I'm not alone. Some posts even go back to 2017 so people have been asking for it for quiet some time!

Are you able to reach out to your developers and see if you can get an update about it?

It's just not fair to have to return everything and go through the hassle of switching them all to WEMO for a thing that could be easily rectified with an small software change.

I appreciate your help.

Best,
MM-

Options