My TL-PA4010

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My TL-PA4010

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
My TL-PA4010
My TL-PA4010
2019-05-19 23:43:45

Have tried several occasions to set up a connections with my AV600 poweriine starter kit,  but it(They)

never seem to find each other.    I have a much lesser pair I have (am using right now) to use instead because they never connect.

Anyone else have this problem with the AV600 / TL-PA4010 starterkit?

Don't know what else to do

Options
4 Reply
Re:My TL-PA4010
2019-05-20 22:40:35

@rhohltjr 

The TL-PA4010s use the HomePlug AV standard meaning they need to be on the same circuit. Or other words, your choice of outlets that you can potentially use are limited.

Just to see if they are capable of working, have them both plugged into the same room or in the room of the router. Once that works, take the second adapter and try the outlet you would like. If the powerline light does not turn on, you must use a different outlet. If it will work the light will just turn on, there is nothing additional to do.

Options
Re:Re:My TL-PA4010
2019-05-25 19:14:35

Wonder what the (cheaper less bandwidth capable) ones I am using now use?   

I'm guessing not Homeplug AV Standard since they work. 

I suppose it all goes back to the breaker box where the house wiring is rooted to the main bus.

These TL-PA4010s can't find the right breaker from the main bus to make a connection at the outlets.

And the others do.

Thanks.

Options
Re:My TL-PA4010
2019-05-27 15:28:58

Update to above.  I've plugged them both into the same outlet and they still can't find each other.  Useless.

Live and learn I suppose.

RHJ

Options
Re:Re:My TL-PA4010
2019-06-05 23:42:18

You don't want to plug them into the same outlet, this has to do with the polartiy.  What you can do is plug them into outlets on the same wall.  they don't need to be connected to a router or a computer just plug them in and then do the pairing process described in the Quick Installation Guide.  If the homelink light goes green the plugs see each other and you can then put them in the postions of the router and where you want the remote unit to go.  If you do not get the homelink light to go back on the isuse will being in the wiring that the plugs would not be able to be used in those postions.  

If that is the case you would need to move the remote unit closer till you find a postion that does work. 

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1051

Replies: 4

Related Articles