TL-PA9020P, AT&T Uverse (Arris) modem, and Cisco C891FW router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-20 22:35:02
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: V3

I am trying - unsuccessfully - to connect my Cisco router after installing TL-PA9020P powerlines. I have done the following:

1. Confirmed the Powerlines are properly paired on the same electrical circuit (power LED is solid green, pairing LED alternates between orange and green but is not "blinking') and Ethernet LED is solid green)
  2. Confirmed Ethernet cable running from Powerline to C891FW is plugged into an open GE LAN port and not an FE or GE WAN port
  3. Confirmed all power cables attached and power to C891FW is live and all expected status lights are on and blinking
  4. Confirmed that I have live Internet service into the house via the AT&T modem

And, yes, I've tried turning it off and back on again, restarting the router, the modem and my computer. I do not want to plug the Cisco router directly into the AT&T modem, because it limits my ability to attach additional needed equipment to the router, such as my Cisco phone and DX80 units. (This was the reason I purchased the Powerline units.)

I have gotten to where my PC can "see" the Cisco router, but it cannot connect to it. Diagnostic check does not reveal a conflict between IP addresses, so I am out of ideas. Has anyone encountered a similar issue and found a resolution? 

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-PA9020P, AT&T Uverse (Arris) modem, and Cisco C891FW router
2019-05-21 20:39:27

@Danielle_A 

To make sure the way you have this connected is  Modem -> Powerline adapter A - PowerLine - Powerline Adapter B -> Cisco Router?  

First to rule out interference or and powerline issues please move the remote adapter to the same room as the remote adapter and connect a laptop to it.  See if the light stablizes to one color and if you can connect.  If so then the issue would likely be interference caused by devices connected to the powerline.  You would want to fliter any major applianced behind a surge protector or try the remote adapter in a different locations. 

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:TL-PA9020P, AT&T Uverse (Arris) modem, and Cisco C891FW router
2019-05-23 01:20:54

Hi, Carl:

Thank you so much for the response.

Yes, that is the way I am currently set up. The modem, the router and the powerline adapters are in the same room. There are no other appliances connected to any electrical outlet in that room (via surge protector or otherwise).

The lights did eventually stabilize, but I've not successfully connected to the router via WiFi.

Appreciate any other thoughts / suggestions you might have.

Options
Re:Re:Re:TL-PA9020P, AT&T Uverse (Arris) modem, and Cisco C891FW router
2019-06-08 00:38:05

@Danielle_A 

Sorry for the delay in a response.   I would recomend checking the Homelink light 1st.  Make sure it is on and green.  Next we would want to make sure the modem is sending an IP address through the link by hooking a computer to the remote unit.  Start with that and let me know how it goes.  Also please Tag me to ensure i see the response. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 809

Replies: 3