Wifi Calling Ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi Calling Ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi Calling Ports
Wifi Calling Ports
2019-05-24 04:31:37
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20180611 Rel. 77668

Hi 

I am trying to enable wifi calling for T Mobile.

The new UI is a little confusing on how to open ports - I am not smart enough to understand how virtual server and triggering are supposed to work together.

Could some members walkthrough steps on how to enable wifi calling and open the correct ports?

Thanks

Options
10 Reply
Re:Wifi Calling Ports
2019-05-24 17:17:31

@CJHKGZZ 

What is the model of the router and hardware version that you are working with?

Options
Re:Re:Wifi Calling Ports
2019-05-24 17:26:14
Model: Archer-C2300 Hardware Version: V1
Options
2019-05-24 17:47:34

@CJHKGZZ 

You are only going to be working with Virtual Servers.

The first thing that would be recommended is to reserve an IP for your device so it does not change or else your port forwarding will not work.

Log into the router, and go to Advanced > Network > DHCP Server. You will see adderss reservation there, select the "Add". To the right of the MAC address select "Scan" it will show you the devices connected. Look for your device, and choose it. You will now see the IP address assocated with the MAC address, make note of that and hit "Save"

Now say for example, device has an IP of 192.168.0.110 and I need to forward the port 5000.

I would now go to Advanced > NAT Forwarding > Virtual Servers, hit the "Add", and enter the following:

After you hit "Save", keep entering as many rules depending on the number of ports you need forwarded.

Here is also a FAQ that we have for reference: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1541/

Options
2019-05-24 22:30:45
Thanks. Also for ports that include dashes such as 5200-59999 would it matter that i am missing the -59999 for internal port?
Options
2019-05-24 22:46:59

@CJHKGZZ 

You should be able to leave it blank. The port will automatically open up internally when the external port initiates a connection.

If that does not work, specify the port internally the service runs on.

Options
2019-05-24 22:52:06

Here is what i have done. Did a reboot on phone and router to make sure everything is in but wifi calling is still not available.

I have tried turning off anti virus as well.
I used to have an Archer C7 hw V2 that didn't have this issue. Any suggestions on what else may be blocking the function?

Options
2019-05-24 22:58:27

@CJHKGZZ 

The rules look good.

You could try setting the device as a DMZ so there is nothing blocking it to test.

Do you happen to have the Archer C7? If so, connect it back, does the Wi-Fi calling start working again?

Options
2019-05-24 23:26:25
tried dmz on iphone no luck. No i do not have the c7 with me anymore but the last time I used it, it worked fine. I do not believe its an issue with the ISP, could it?
Options
2019-05-29 22:59:28

@CJHKGZZ 

If you had no issue with the previous router, then I think the ISP is fine. T-Mobile could possibly have some suggestions as they might have seen the issue before with their Wi-Fi calling. 

One other test that you can possibly try to see if the router really is the culprit is to disable the firewall altogether. Do this by going to Advanced > Security > Firewall. Uncheck the SPI Firewall, Save, soon after test the Wi-Fi calling. If it works, then it is the routers firewall not opening the ports correctly. If the Wi-Fi calling still does not work, there is still something else getting in the way. Make sure to enable the SPI Firewall, and Save once you are done.

Options
2021-11-25 09:45:31

I banged my head a lot alone and with TP link support to get WiFi calling working on Archer A6 and C6. TP link support had no clue about the issue or fix.
After lot of hit and trial, checking "Enable IPSec passthrough" option under ALG option in NAT forwarding fixed it without any forwarding.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5722

Replies: 10

Related Articles