Devices connected to a specific (wrong) Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Devices connected to a specific (wrong) Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Devices connected to a specific (wrong) Deco
2021-02-07 06:04:54

I having the same problem, my PC keep connecting to the far DECO with low signal and not the nearest DECO ... so whats the point im buying this product?  totally USELESS

Options
2021-02-07 06:17:44
is not work, even i turn off mesh features for my PC, PC still connect to the far deco with low signal, no solution yet, it wont connect to the nearest deco, (just sometimes it will)
Options
2021-03-20 18:04:52

Please fix this.  My devices are connecting to much weaker signals...this is nuts.  I've tried disabling mesh once they connect to the node right next the device, but as soon as the other node is fired up, it goes back.  This should be a SIMPLE fix.

Options
2021-03-23 22:46:31

With the latest M5 firmware 1.5.1, there is a network optimization feature that lets your Deco intelligently scan for a clearer channel and switch your devices to it.

Options
2021-11-27 21:37:57

@RetiredInFl I have sort of the same problem: I use Apple speakers with Airplay 2, and since a few months they won't play together well UNLESS they're connected to the same DECO unit. The same holds for a Macbook and iPad Pro that I use together with Sidecar. If they are connected to the same DECO, sidecar works fine, but often one of the two switches to another DECO at some point, and it will either disconnect sidecar with an error, or stop updating the iPad screen.

I am not sure, but I have the impression the latest firmware is giving more problems than an older one in this regard, as it used to be working fine previously. 

My homekit smart devices also work less reliably than before, with longer response times and too often not responding at all. I have 3 DECO's, 2 on ethernet back haul and about smart 20 devices in total. 

Sticking a device to an AP does not seem to stick. Not only won't it go back to the AP it was on when you chose mesh OFF after a reboot, but it will randomly unstick and choose another AP just as the other devices.

Options
2021-11-29 02:32:39

@Wiag 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

The current issue is not quite like what is described here devices are not connected to the nearest Deco.

It is more like there is something wrong with the roaming performance on Apple devices.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please check whether you have got an email from us.

Thank you again.

Options
2021-11-29 09:19:21

@TP-Link Hi support,

Thanks for taking an interest in my issue.

Maybe you're right and it's more of an Apple problem, but the reason I added to this thread is that "I" start on the same Deco with devices and then everything works, but at some point the signal is transfered to another Deco and the issues arise. And the response from non-apple devices has been much better in the past as well, and I have not added significantly more devices recently. 

If I test available bandwidth on different AP's it's generally high, local network speeds as well as internet speeds as I have a Gigabit internet fiber optics line  (which is not overbooked). I use a AVM Fritzbox 5490 fiber optics router with IP phones, DECO's are in AP mode. Thus the DECO's just have to maintain connection with each other, and the AVM router handles DHCP etc.

Hope to hear soon, would be happy to help investigate.

Options
2021-11-30 02:08:32

@Wiag 

Thank you very much and please feel free to update here if there is any improvement after troubleshooting with senior engineers.

Options
2022-01-26 16:37:41
What about M9, M4R and all other Decos that you are selling?
Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options
Related Articles