C5400 not allowing some device traffic to the Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-25 04:27:29
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20170912 rel.56240

Hello, I did not see a problem similar to my experience with the C5400.  On a regular basis the router does not seem to let some devices communicate to the Internet.  For instance, when I try to start Netflix on my TV or Blue-Ray player, I get an error message that something is wrong with my network connection.  Both are plugged into the LAN with Ethernet cables.  I reboot the router and then Netflix works on both devices.  I tried to install a Ring doorbell last night.  It would connect to the 2.4 Network, but could not access the server on the Internet.  I rebooted the router and the installation finished correctly.  I tried installing a Tan Tan switch tonight.  Same thing.  Once I rebooted the router the installation worked correctly.  Our PCs work fine.  My wife's is on Ethernet and Mine is on the 5G network.  Other devices I have, such as Smartthings, Arlo cameras and Ecobee do not experience a problem.   Any thoughts on what can be causing this?  There are 42 devices connected to the router, 11 wired and 31 wireless.  We ocassionally stream a movie, but other than that our traffic is fairly light.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:C5400 not allowing some device traffic to the Internet
2019-05-27 17:05:09

I thought this might be a software problem, so I set a reboot of the router at 3AM every morning.  At 9AM this morning I connected an inrequently used laptop to the network via Ethernet cable.  The router wwas connected to the network, but could not access anything on the network or any device on the LAN.  A reboot of the router fixed this.  So much for my idea of a daily reboot.  I came across a number of problems with this router.  In fact, this is my second as wifi died on the first.  Is this just a troublesome product I will continue to have problems with?  Is the best fix just to buy a new non-TPLink router? 

Options
Re:Re:C5400 not allowing some device traffic to the Internet
2019-06-04 23:49:33

@Mesa 

I would like you to contact us @ ussupportteam@tp-link.com we will want to troubleshoot with you but we may need to ask for more personal information that is not proper to ask for on a community forum.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 784

Replies: 2