Using M4 with FIOS Actiontec router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-03 23:21:14
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest

I have a Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR router that I have hooked up my Deco-M4 three pack in access point mode and it is working with good Wifi coverage. I have the Wifi on the Actiontec shut off. The problem I have is that when I was using the Actiontec's built in Wifi all of my computers, both wired and Wifi connected, could see and communicate to one another. Now all of the computers on the Deco-M4 wireless can see each other and the wired computers can see each other, but the wireds can't see, or communicate with the wireless ones. Can someone give me specific instructions on how to set things up properly so that all computers on the LAN can see and communicate with one another? 

Thanks for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using M4 with FIOS Actiontec router
2019-06-04 00:39:41

@billyeff 

When the Decos are in AP mode they act as passthrough devices.  All routing and related tasks are handled by your Actiontec Gateway.  What you would first want to check is that they devices are on the same subnet.  If they are not this would explain why they don't see each other.  Another issue could be that perhaps there is a setting in the Actiontec that handles external AP traffic in a different way.  Regardless of the cause it will have to do with the actiontec.  But please updates us as I am curious to know what was causing it.  

Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1383

Replies: 1