M5 won't connect to garage door or irrigation system any longer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-04 23:10:33

I installed the Deco M5 and I have had issues reconnecting devices. My lamp timers, garage door and irrigation system did not just connect to the new router. I had to do a factory reset on the timers to get them to work, but the garage and irrigation system will not connect. How do I get these items to reconnect since I wasn't having issues in the past? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:M5 won't connect to garage door or irrigation system any longer
2019-06-05 17:50:09

@pisti 

There could be several factors affecting this:

1.  If your used the same SSID then the devices could be bound to the old network still. 

• Forgetting the network on those devices and reestablishing the connection would be the solution 

2.  The devices are setup with static IPs

• configuring those devices with IPs in the Deco's subnet will resolve this issue

3.  There is an IP conflict with another device on the network

• removing the conflicting device and then reseting it and reconnecting should resolve this issue

4.  You disabled the band they operate on

• make sure both 2.4 and 5GHz are enabled.

5.  The Devices are not getting a signal.

• ensure your phone as a signal where these untis are located to ensure that there is not a signal issue.  If so relocate one of the satalite units. 

If all the above fails you will want to contact the manufactures for those devices as the issue would be on the device.  We say this because wireless is wireless and if the above is ruled out and other devices are connecting than the issue would not be on the Deco

Best Regards 

Options
2020-06-03 01:08:42

@pisti I had exactly the same problem and it was my VPN. If you have one, just disconnect it. My M5 is working well with my garage door now ;-)

Options
2020-07-16 14:24:58

@pisti 

I had the same problem with the Chamberlain MyQ system, the trick is enabling WPS. I had the blinking blue light on the Chamberlain, and followed their isntructions, but the MyQ didnt see my network. I went into the more menu on the M5 phone app, and chose Wi-Fi and set it to 2.4 only . I went into the WPS app and turned on the WPS which lets the MyQ device know that a router is looking for it. I then follwed the MyQ appinstructions again, and this time my network was recognized and the devices connected. I could then change the Wifi back to using both the 2.4 and 5 bands. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2775

Replies: 3