HS105 - Auto Shut off after X minutes (when turned on with switch)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-05 16:47:20
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I currently have a WeMo Mini, I use it in the bathroom for a space heater.

I have it scheduled to come on at x time monday.

It also allows a rule that if it's turned on (no matter the method - timer, via app or the manual button) - any day, any time, it will toggle off after 60m. 

Does the HS105 allow this? I cannot tell via the directions.  I asked tech support via chat, but I'm not 100% I believe them.  The most important part is when turned on via the button...

I want to use this in an AirBnB also for a space heater, setting a timer like this will help ensure a guest does not leave it on too long and it will automatically shut off if they do.

I realize I can just buy more WeMo's, but the unit that I do airBnb with already has some Kasa wall switches, so I'd like to stick to one app for that unit. 

Thanks for any input!

PS I did try to search and found some posts from a few years ago that said you could do it with some kind of add on hub, so I guess I'm asking if the functionality has been added to standalone yet...

Options
12 Reply
Re:HS105 - Auto Shut off after X minutes (when turned on with switch)
2019-06-05 18:46:09

@tommybluez 

Hi, so TP-Link Kasa smart devices do not have an auto-shutoff timer feature.  This has been a highly requested feature and we have informed the design team of the request but we have not seen it added as of yet.  The Hub that was mentioned is know as the SR20 it is a AC1900 router and smart hub in one device, its end of life but you may be able to find one online still.  Our devices also act as actions for IFTTT so if you have something else there that can be a trigger then you should be able to set a receipe to turn of the plug after a certain amount of time. 

Best Regards  

Options
2019-06-05 18:57:10

Well, I'm glad I didn't trust the person in the TP-LINK Chat feature becuase they said it was available to do this.  Please let your team know this is not true.

I'll stick with WeMo plugs and run two apps I guess, I want to simplify my life not add to it by having to use additional hubs and/or recipes... 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Options
2019-10-16 03:06:11

@Carl 

The app has auto shut off now. 

Butninhabe the same wuestion. Diesnauto shut off shut off a scheduled event?  Thanks 

Options
2019-10-16 16:50:59

@Scottie 

Yes and no.  Its true that we have a software/cloud based Smart Actions for our products now and that one of those actions is an auto off timmer.  However with the current teired roll out they are currently only available for customers who have a smart switch as well.  Our Smart Home team plans to have a complete roll out to all customers by the end of the year.  

Options
2020-01-04 14:32:40

@Carl Please cna you update us all on when this will be available?  Not having such simple functionality is pretty poor.

Options
2020-01-14 22:17:15

@Frustrated1 

Check to see if you have access to Smart Actions.  If you do then you have access to Auto-Off timer.  

Options
2020-01-15 17:15:03

@Carl thanks for the info. I ended up buying (4) of the HS105's.

They were a terrible pain to setup.  Each one took several attempts and over an hour and a half of my time to get them all working.  

A week or so afterwards 3 out of 4 of them started cycling off and back on while on based on timer function (on at sunrise, off at sunset)

I've tried resets, deleting and re-scheduling, etc. - still doing it - they're all going to get returned and I"m moving to Wyze smart plugs.  I'm disappointed as I wanted to have TP Link as I already have several smart dimmers, so I didn't want to add another app - but had to.  

Options
2020-01-15 18:36:50

@tommybluez 

They shouldn't be having that much trouble.  However before you do send them back try putting them on your router's 2.4GHz Guest network.  Also if your router has a NAT Boost or Fast Roam as features, try disabling them as they have been known to cause device connection issues.

Options
2020-11-17 09:25:18

@Carl Good day. I have the smart action section on my Kasa App and I have tried to set an Auto timer on the app to automatically switch off the plug once it's switched on. It however is not working. Any suggestions on what I can do to make it work?? 

Options
2020-11-17 17:53:14

@Nyasha 

Its a simply two step process so i am sure it configured correctly.  The only thing i would say is make sure you are selecting the right product in case you have more than one and check to make sure the app and product are updated correctly. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 7218

Replies: 12