HS105 - Auto Shut off after X minutes (when turned on with switch)
2019-06-05 16:47:20
Model: HS105
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I currently have a WeMo Mini, I use it in the bathroom for a space heater.

I have it scheduled to come on at x time monday.

It also allows a rule that if it's turned on (no matter the method - timer, via app or the manual button) - any day, any time, it will toggle off after 60m. 

Does the HS105 allow this? I cannot tell via the directions.  I asked tech support via chat, but I'm not 100% I believe them.  The most important part is when turned on via the button...

I want to use this in an AirBnB also for a space heater, setting a timer like this will help ensure a guest does not leave it on too long and it will automatically shut off if they do.

I realize I can just buy more WeMo's, but the unit that I do airBnb with already has some Kasa wall switches, so I'd like to stick to one app for that unit. 

Thanks for any input!

PS I did try to search and found some posts from a few years ago that said you could do it with some kind of add on hub, so I guess I'm asking if the functionality has been added to standalone yet...

Options
2 Replies
Re:HS105 - Auto Shut off after X minutes (when turned on with switch)
2019-06-05 18:46:09

@tommybluez 

Hi, so TP-Link Kasa smart devices do not have an auto-shutoff timer feature.  This has been a highly requested feature and we have informed the design team of the request but we have not seen it added as of yet.  The Hub that was mentioned is know as the SR20 it is a AC1900 router and smart hub in one device, its end of life but you may be able to find one online still.  Our devices also act as actions for IFTTT so if you have something else there that can be a trigger then you should be able to set a receipe to turn of the plug after a certain amount of time. 

Best Regards  

Options
Re:HS105 - Auto Shut off after X minutes (when turned on with switch)
2019-06-05 18:57:10

Well, I'm glad I didn't trust the person in the TP-LINK Chat feature becuase they said it was available to do this.  Please let your team know this is not true.

I'll stick with WeMo plugs and run two apps I guess, I want to simplify my life not add to it by having to use additional hubs and/or recipes... 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Options