Failure to connect on 1 out of 4 devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-09 00:41:29
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently set up your Range Extender on my back porch, because our normal router could only barely reach, and the signal was unusable at that distance. My iphone and windows OS laptop had little trouble getting set up -- I had to forget and then rejoin my network in range of the router before they would pick up the extender signal -- but now they work like a charm. My girlfriend's Mac OS, though, we haven't been able to figure out. I've tried the above procedure multiple times, as well as hooked it up via ethernet to the extender, but no matter what, once I'm on the porch, there is no internet connection, despite apparently strong signal strength. A couple of times per minute it will drop the network as if it can't find it, then pop back up with full strength, but at no point can we actually reach the internet. Are there any simple troubleshooting steps we can go through? I don't have much tech expertise, but I'd prefer not to have to return the device and swap it for a more mac-friendly brand. Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Failure to connect on 1 out of 4 devices
2019-06-11 19:08:42

@alexbutte 

First thing to check on the extender is the LED light. The quick installation guide will show what the LED light means as far as signal strength. What is the model of the extender you have?

If the extender has the same network name of the main router, then it can be confusing to know which device you are actually connecting to. Do you still connect to the original wireless network name even after the extender was set up?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 1