Deco M9 Plus Zigbee Control through Alexa App?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus Zigbee Control through Alexa App?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Zigbee Control through Alexa App?
2020-02-25 00:22:28

@Runehasa 

No I'm afriad not.  TP-Link does not provide refunds and replacements are only able to issued if a product is determined to have a manufacture defect.  I understand your feelings but voice control for ZigBee was not an advertised feature.  It was something that we were working on but from what we are now being told is on hold pending further investigation and conversation with Amazon.  This is not to say that the Deco M9 does not still work with your Zigbee devices.  Only that you will need to access the Deco App to controlled the devices.  

Options
2020-05-26 19:43:46

Carl wrote

The R and D team will re-evalutate and reach out to Amazon to see if certification is possible.  This will regretably take time.  

Hi @Carl 

Are there any news on this from R&D team?

Kind regards,

Czuz

Options
2020-07-29 16:31:08

Are there any updates to this? I just spend a couple of hundred on this system, but without the ability for Alexa to turn off the lights, it will have to be returned.  I feel misled by the advertising and icons on box stating that it works with Alexa.  I do realize that Alexa can control the router, but I bought this mesh system specifically because it is a smart hub as well.  Alexa controling the devices on my smart hub are much more important to me than turning on the guest wifi two time a year.  If there's no time estimate with an update, it will have to go back unfortunately.

Options
2021-02-03 18:22:52

@Carl

Advertising "Works with Google" or "Works with Alexa" along with advertising it as a Zigbee Hub is very suggestive of integrating the smart home aspects with the Google / Echo integration. It is the primary reason I bought these units.

Now at the time that Wink is failing (again) I find myself VERY dissapointed that my compatible zigbee devices that have been moved to Deco can not be controlled through my google account.

Options
2021-02-05 01:58:24

@Shawn.C 

The Works with Google and Works with Alexa are part of a different feature.  For the Smart Hub feature that was always intended for a control through the Deco App.  This FAQ can explain this in greater detail.  I will forward your comments to the design team as we are always looking for ways to improve our products. 

Options
2021-02-12 16:46:41

@Runehasa 

Yes this is extremely frustrating this is why I bought the deco mesh kit

Options
2021-02-12 16:47:45
Exactly
Options
2021-02-12 16:49:08

@Shawn.C 

This thread has been going on since 2019 I'm shocked that there hasn't been a works with Alexa approval by now

Options
2021-05-28 21:07:34

Wow I just received my Deco M9 Plus today and was getting it setup so I could move away from smartthings. Then I couldn't figure out how to have Alexa detect the devices I just paired with the Deco and I come to find this thread. Super disappointing and pretty much makes the "hub" functionality useless to me. They claim Alexa support AND smart hub. Pretty much anyone reading that would assume the hub would work with Alex. Instead apparently all I can do is control basic router functions through Alexa... never has the thought even crossed my mind... wish I could tell Alexa to make my router do... router stuff. 

Options
2021-08-03 23:34:53
I'm also disappointed in the lack of Alexa connectivity. It's was a major factor in selecting the M9 Plus. Please continue working towards Alexa certification.
Options