HS200 Wiring. Lights flash and then turn off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-12 17:24:27 - last edited 2019-06-12 19:01:47
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Just updated today.

I just installed an HS200.  I have the same problem several others have posted.  When turning the lights on, the switch clicks and the lights quickly flash and then go off.

The switch is connected to about 10 LED can lights in the kitchen.  There is only one light switch.  There were four wires on the old ungrounded switch.  White, Black (hot), Red and Black are connected to the same terminal on the switch (the second Black wire was inserted into a push-in connector on the back of the switch directly behind the screw terminal for the Red wire).  Ground wire is available but unused on the old switch.

I connected the HS200 as follows:

1. Green to ground
  2. White to white
  3. Black to load 1
  4. Red and 2nd black twisted together and connected to load 2

I tried using only the Red wire and only the 2nd Black wire but that did not work either.

Picture attached.

Edit:  Looks like the existing switch is a Levitron 1453-2I three-way switch.  So am I screwed?  Why would there by three-way wiring with only one switch?

File:
IMG_5458.JPGDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200 Wiring. Lights flash and then turn off
2019-06-12 23:21:28

@DoubleEagle 

If the outlet is a three way outlet there should be another outlet that controls it, maybe elsewhere like in a closet or garage. In any case, it is possible to convert the three way to a single pole, but you will need a trained professional to avoid any serious issues to be safe.

We do have three way switches such as the HS210 KIT. 

Options
Re:HS200 Wiring. Lights flash and then turn off
2019-06-13 00:04:58

Well crap. Wifey knows more than me. Been in this house for seven years and I never knew there was another switch in the living room for the kitchen lights. Strange but true. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4334

Replies: 2

Related Articles