I want to setup a different network at a second home without activating devices in the first home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I want to setup a different network at a second home without activating devices in the first home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-13 20:17:44
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have been using an app on my iPhone to operate 3 way light switches in home #1. I want to use the same iPhone app to operate a second network in home #2. Is this possibly, or do I need to install a new app either on the same iPhone or another device. w2dqm

Options
1 Reply
Re:I want to setup a different network at a second home without activating devices in the first home
2019-06-17 18:27:32

@w2dqm 

You have a few options. 

1.  Name the devices based on the house they are in and set them up on the same TP-Link ID.

• You can then even group the devices in each house together or in mulitple groups to control all  or some of the device in each home with the touch of a button.

2.  Setup a 2nd TP-Link ID and have each house associated to its own ID.  When you want to switch homes just sign out of one account and into the other. 

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1104

Replies: 1