RE650 - doesn't restart after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-16 12:01:28
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 180719

I've have installed the RE650 with a camera connected thru the Gigabit LAN-Port 24/7. Everything works fantastic so far. The only problem I have now and then is the situation after a power outage. Here in Florida and I guess in other states as well we are facing a number of power outages specifically during thunder storms. The result on the RE650 is that the extender is after a power outage not switching power on again automaticly like the router or modem does. If I'm not at my house for a while I can't use the camera and the other wifi equipment which are connected via the extender unless I'm physically at home and push the power button to get the extender on again.

Is there any solution to it?

Thx

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE650 - doesn't restart after power outage
2019-06-17 19:09:20

@garry34145 

We were not able to replicate this issue here.  Although the only way for us to try was through a power strip and turning it on and off.  When we truned the Power strip back on the power on our test unit restored.  Would you be able to test using a power strip or is there a defferent outlet available that you could try to rule out the outlet as the culprit?

Thank you 

Options
Re:RE650 - doesn't restart after power outage
2019-06-18 09:01:04

The power outlet is also used by the garage door opener which is functional and also online available to me. So it can't be the outlet. I had the same problem with extender while I was at my house in FL and we had an outage. The only way for me was to push the power button and the extender came back to live. There must be a constellation sometimes that the RE650 doesn't switch on after power returns back

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1484

Replies: 2