Deco M9 with Z-Wave

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 with Z-Wave

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 with Z-Wave
Deco M9 with Z-Wave
2019-06-17 19:29:56
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I did a quick search for "Z-Wave" and didn't really find anyting definative.

Does anyone know if Z-Wave is being added to the Deco M9 series?  Or is there a M10 coming soon?

I'm lookikng for options since our older SmartHub is starting to show some issues.  But I have some smoke detectors and switches that are Z-Wave and I don't see any reason to purchase the M9 if that means I have to also swap out a number of other devices.

So the question is if I get another SmartHub and stick with our current WiFi or if I'll be able to switch to Mesh WiFi that also has a hub that covers existing devices. 

Thx

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 with Z-Wave
2019-06-17 20:15:40

@Pete_Mc 

The Deco M9 plus does not have a z-wave radio so we will not be able to add this functionality to existing models.  There also has been nothing revealed to us about its inclusion in future products.  If we do that information will be broadcasted on our website TP-Link.com 

Very Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4562

Replies: 1