Can I put 2 internet connection into the same M5 mesh network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-18 13:40:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I live in a rural area and cellular is the best (still not that good) option for internet access. I was wondering if I plugged a second modem with cellular access into a different M5 on the same wireless mesh network how the network would react. 

I assume this would be foolish, but if the network has a way to divy up request between the two modems that would be awesome. Thanks. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I put 2 internet connection into the same M5 mesh network?
2019-06-18 16:52:19

@KingpenM3 

You are correct.  The Deco's can only detect one provider as the source.  trying to connect a 2nd provider in would deffianlty cause network issues and should be avoided. 

Options
Re:Re:Can I put 2 internet connection into the same M5 mesh network?
2019-06-18 21:58:11

Thanks! That's what j needed to know. How about this, I have 5 m5's. Could i separate them into two different networks, 2 connected to one modem, 3 connected to the other, maybe set up where one modem/network is one each end of the house? 

Options