Deco M9 Plus USB port doesn't work for connecting a hard drive? Wanted to use Apple Time Machine...
Deco M9 Plus USB port doesn't work for connecting a hard drive? Wanted to use Apple Time Machine...
2019-06-24 02:03:49
Model: Deco M9 Plus
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.8.6

Am I missing something? What's the point have having the USB port if I can't access drives that are plugged into it? I ditched my Apple Time Capsule set up in favor of the M9 set up (with 3 M9's) with the assumption that I'd just be able to plug in an external hard drive to one of the Deco's to set up my Time Machine backups.

What are you guys doing for back ups short of manually plugging in to an external drive everytime you want to do a backup?

I would love some advice. Thanks!

Options
3 Replies
Re:Deco M9 Plus USB port doesn't work for connecting a hard drive? Wanted to use Apple Time Machine...
2019-06-24 18:23:03

@Baron 

There are no plans to have the USB port to work with external USB drives. The USB port can only be used for a charging port.

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus USB port doesn't work for connecting a hard drive? Wanted to use Apple Time Machine...
2019-06-24 18:40:56

That's disapointing. I wish I had researched this more before I purchased the system.  I would've got something else that has that functionality. I may even return this thing if I can stomach having to re-pair my million wifi devices...

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus USB port doesn't work for connecting a hard drive? Wanted to use Apple Time Machine...
2019-07-10 02:39:16
Or just hang a cheap IP assignable NAS off the ETH port. IE rasperry PI
Michael Schaffer
Options