Bandwidth Usage by Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bandwidth Usage by Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:Bandwidth Usage by Device
2021-07-28 04:19:03

@Carl 

The user crowd is getting restless with this lack of feature.

TP-link is okay with giving up market share?? Please be a competitor!

Options
2021-11-17 06:50:00

How about this: since clearly TP-Link's product team isn't prioritizing requests (or even adding them to their sprints/acknowledging their existence), anyone who is done with their Deco due to lack of performance on the feature front should actually return the units as well.

Most retailers should allow this; Amazon is taking mine back a year after purchase. I'd be happy to help organize guides on doing this.

The reality seems to be that the product team considers a sold product to be "secured" sales. This isn't the reality (especially if you live in CA or other states with strong consumer protection laws). Start returning your devices, encourage others to not purchase further devices, etc.

It's short sighted alone because it directly stops existing customers from ever buying future products, and has motivated me to actively tell people to not buy their products. But returning existing ones will probably help as well.

I'd also like to know if the developer and product teams are contracted or full-time employees. Any tips, support team? It sounds like they've really gagged y'all and limited your ability to actually support the customer by having zero real input into feature prioritization. That's pretty typical of companies these days - hire workers as a line of defense against the customer and give them little or no recourse to do their jobs in a fulfilling way - but it's something we can all collectively try to force by taking a few more proactive steps.

Also: if devs say there isn't enough RAM on the devices to store and aggregate this data, i think that's just pure lack of imagination. The chips in these units have plenty of space to give at least a monthly rolling window per device on usage statistics, which would be perfectly sufficient.

Do better as a company, or you'll keep losing customers over refusing to listen to simple feature requests.

Options
2021-11-17 14:52:41
I stopped using my Decos months ago due to the lack of bandwidth reporting. They also didn't really work that great in the first place.
Options
Related Articles