HS220 just stopped working, lights stuck on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-28 08:40:27
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

I had my smart switch installed 3-4 months ago.  All of a sudden it decided to stop working.  If I hit the power button on the actual switch or within the app, nothing happens.  The dimming isn’t working either.  

I tried resetting and factory resetting. I then deleted it from my devices and added it again. During that process, it still would not dim. It’s still stuck on “on”.

I checked the firmware and it’s current.

No WiFi issues with any other devices, all of which are placed further away from the router.

I checked if any wires came loose but everything seems secure.

Any ideas???  Thanks!!

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS220 just stopped working, lights stuck on
2019-06-28 16:01:21

@Daniel6 

A major issue is the switch not responding to any physical action. If the wireless connection was the only issue, pressing it would still work. If all wires were double checked and look to be normal the switch itself may have malfunctioned. You could possily try moving it to another outlet to verify the issue follow the switch or put back the original switch to make sure the outlet is fine. 

If it turns out to be the switch it would be best to get a hold of our home support: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#LiveChat-Support

Options
Re:HS220 just stopped working, light's stuck on
2020-07-24 12:32:15

@Tony

I have exactly the same problem..... it's been working fine since February and yesterday when I went to turn it off (physically) it would not respond. Tried the app, but that made no difference. The lights on the switch (level of dimming indicators) responded correctly, but the light just stayed on! I removed the swich from the app and reinstalled it, but again, no difference.... updated the firmware, no difference.

Today I removed the switch and put it in the place of another 220 that works fine and again, the switch didn't work..... just stayed on.

So, I guess that the switch has an internal problem and needs to be replaced.

Not too impressed at this stage!

Options
Re:HS220 just stopped working, lights stuck on
2020-12-30 15:55:39

Same here. Never worked, and it's the second one I purchase. The first did absolutely nothing, like if it was not even connected (previous ordinary dimmer was connected the same way and worked fine). The second one is always stuck on even when I turn it off by pressing manually the switch or with the application. So far I had problems with 3 devices out of 7 total.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 3585

Replies: 3