iPhone XR apps Amazon and Instagram won't open with DECO M4 MESH

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-30 20:50:45
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.8.6

I installed my new Deco M4 and now the iPhone XRs in the house (mine and my daughter's phones) won't open the Amazon app or the Instagram app when on the Mesh WiFi anymore. It just keeps buffering.

I called customer service and they were baffled and said that maybe the antivirus was blocking those apps, but my husband's iPhone 7 and all our iPads open those apps just fine. 

I need some suggestions please. Thank you!

Options
7 Reply
Re:iPhone XR apps Amazon and Instagram won't open with DECO M4 MESH
2019-07-01 17:09:15

@merlinos4 

Its possible the content on these devices is being blocked.  To be sure open the Deco App,  Tap on Antivirus under Homecare then tap on History.  Let's us know what you see there and we can sugget a following action.

Options
Re:Re:iPhone XR apps Amazon and Instagram won't open with DECO M4 MESH
2019-07-02 00:29:00
Hello Carl, All other iPhones in my house on this Deco M4 Mesh system can open these apps. All iPads can also open the apps Amazon and Instagram. Just not the 2 iPhone XRs. I checked under the Monthly Report - Security - Parental controls - Apps and Websites - Restricted content. Since there is no "Antivirus" option to select. There is nothing that shows up on this list at all.
Options
2019-07-04 00:03:31

@merlinos4 

If you have the two phones apart of a profile under parental controls, remove them so they are not restricted at all. See if the apps start to work.

Options
2020-01-09 10:41:32 - last edited 2020-01-21 20:34:22

Maybe the content on these devices is blocked by the antivirus on your phone. Try to turn it off for a while, when you check whether it works or not. Once I had an antivirus blocking some commands that I gave to instagram to develop my publication. And I couldn't see my automatic likes anymore, which I ordered to promote my instapage. Then I accidentally disabled the antivirus on my phone and everything appeared again. I realized that the problem was in the phone, because the computer could see everything.

Options
2020-03-30 08:54:50

@Suddens did this ever get resolved .. I have same issue with iPhone 11..! 

Options
2020-06-05 23:44:34

@Jonf-nz my 11 pro is doing the same thing 

Options
2020-09-25 03:57:00

@merlinos4 To fix your iPhone XR Amazon and Instagram apps not open, the first thing you can do is to restart your iPhone and re-open these apps to see if they can be opened. Then you can delete and reinstall them to temporarily remove some bugs. If the above two methods don't work, then it is recommended that you should use professional iOS system recovery programs, for instance, TunesKit iOS System Recovery, to fix the iOS system without data loss, finally successfully open them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1925

Replies: 7