Feature Request: Custom Firewall Rules

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-08 02:15:45
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would like to request the ability to add custom firewall rules be added to the Archer A7 firmware. I recently purchased the A7 and am surprised it doesn't support this - even my junk router from my ISP allows it. Otherwise pretty happy with the A7 so far.

Custom firewall rules allow the user to specify a source address/range/port(s), destination address/range/port(s), protocol, and action. Port forwarding/Virtual Server lets me configure allow traffic (but still missing features), but I have no way to block access. For example, custom firewall rules would let me:

• Block security/IP cameras from communicating outside of my network
  • Allow an internal application to only be accessed by a specific external IP
  • Block an internal server/device from any communication over x port
  • etc

Thanks for your consideration. I can provide more details if needed. Another user recently had a similar request which would probably be solved by this: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/160521

Options
3 Reply
Re:Feature Request: Custom Firewall Rules
2019-07-09 19:35:40

@SOHO_55 

Thank you for the suggestion. 

We will make sure to forward this to our developers for consideration.

Options
2019-10-30 13:01:21

I have to echo the request from @SOHO_55 along with my surprise this isn't implemented.

There is a world of difference between allowing a port from a specific external IP and allowing a port from any external IP.

Is there really no way to set a firewall rule to, for instance, allow port 22 TCP from only a single external IP?

Thanks.

Options
2021-01-14 13:36:20

@SOHO_55 
I would up this one for Archer AX50 also.

In case of no response, I would have to sell my tp-link since this is a key feature for me(my bad I didn't check blocking capabilities first).

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 1258

Replies: 3