Deco m9 Bluetooth mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m9 Bluetooth mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco m9 Bluetooth mesh
Deco m9 Bluetooth mesh
2019-07-15 03:53:45

I saw on the website that the M9 also provides a Bluetooth mesh. Does it work like a Bluetooth extender?

Does that mean if I'm in another room with one node, I can connect to a Bluetooth device in another room with the other deco unit via Bluetooth passing thru the deco network? 

I want to connect my phone to a speaker in another room in this configuration

Room 1 with deco m9 and phone to

Room 2 with Bluetooth speaker and deco m9

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco m9 Bluetooth mesh
2019-07-15 20:20:20

@Beefy314 

Compatiblity is based on two factors.  1.  the device complies with Bluetooth 4.2 and 2. the Device is listed as being compatible with the Deco M9.  We are working on getting a compatiblity list and we will share it once the team has it.  General BT devices are not ususally compatible though. 

Options
2020-11-21 18:04:02

@Carl 

That means it is not Bluetooth mesh. It is supported brand network. Compatible devices are limited brand of led lamps, motion sensors, power outlets and few security locks and alarms. 

It is not supporting any electronic entertaining device to provide Bluetooth connection. 

WiFi Mesh is perfect, but Bluetooth feature is a total disappointment. 

Options
2021-09-24 17:29:09

@Beefy314 

I bought 5 Deco m9's based on the description that it was a wifi, bluetooth and zigbee mesh network.  Perfect!  What utter nonsense and waste of money.

Just had this reply back from someone in tech support... "Maybe there are some misunderstandings about our Deco M9 system. It can't use the bluetooth to discover the device. And the zigbee, our device don't support this."

I think the simple English question was misunderstood but it sounds like the mesh capability (bluetooth and zigbee) was vastly overstated in the marketing crap.

Huge disappointment and waste of a lot of money.

Options
2021-09-26 06:03:26

@DisappointdDeco 

Hi, Deco M9 Plus has added a ZigBee antenna and 2 extra Wi-Fi antennas for 5GHz-2.

So it can act as a smart home hub and add multiple smart devices based on the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 and ZigBee HA1.2 into its network(the compatibility list). Users can manage and control the functions of the smart devices through the Deco app. For example, turn on/off the smart bulbs/plugs/switches, change the color/color temperature of the bulbs, etc.

Options
2022-03-15 20:30:47

@TP-Link 

You must admit your advertized statement is misleading. 

"Deco M9 Plus not only delivers seamless wireless connectivity, but also acts as a smart home control point, letting you replace your older smart hubs. It connects Wi-Fi, ZigBee and Bluetooth devices to your network and lets you manage them from the Deco App." 

Like others, the major reason I bought the product was because of this advertized feature.  I wanted to extend my bluetooth Jabra Speak 710 speaker into other rooms in my house so I could attend conference calls from any room in my house and not be teathered to my home office.

Do you have plans to enable a bluetooth mesh on the m9 in the near future?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3941

Replies: 5