CPE610 isn't working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE610 isn't working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE610 isn't working
CPE610 isn't working
2019-07-16 15:00:26 - last edited 2019-07-16 17:08:04
Model: CPE610  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just purchased a CPE610 from Amazon. I have it all mounted and ready to go, have gone through the steps/instructions, yet I cannot get it to broadcast any signal. 

A bit of background: I purchased this with the intention of using it to get internet from our main barn down to our other barn, which is about 150 feet away - clear line of sight. I've been using a small extender so far, which does work, but the signal isn't very strong, so I decided to look for something a bit stronger. 

After looking through many reviews, this seems to be a good outdoor option for us to run our security cameras and do some light browsing down there. 

Upon receiving, I set it up according to the instructions, and then assigned it a static IP address via ethernet connection from my laptop. When I log into Pharos, I am able to see that it is connecting and seems to be broadcasting a signal. I need it to be in repeater mode as I just want my signal strengthened down to my other barn.

However, whenever I go to test the signal at the other barn, there is nothing being sent. Also, whenever I try to disconnect the ethernet cable from the computer, it all stops working in Pharos. 

I've looked at the unit itself and none of the LED lights are working, as far as I can tell, which I'm sure is likely part of the issue. 

Do I need to do something different software-wise? Get a different ethernet cable? What's the solution? I have called TP link, but wasn't able to understand what the woman I was speaking to was saying, so I figured I'd check here. 

We have a Comcast business modem/router that broadcasts 2.4 and 5g. This is obviously using the 5Ghz.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 0