Wifi Light Constant Blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-17 14:52:58
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I've got the WPA4220-Kit with 2 extenders.  Both extenders have been set up as separate networks, so that they maintain their own SSID.  They were both set up using the Pair buttons.

My problem is that on one of the extenders the Wifi light blinks constantly.  The other extender wifi light remains solid.

I have no problems connecting to either extender and using the internet.   I just don't understand the constant blinking light on the one.

Any ideas out there?   I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Lunsfordc13

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wifi Light Constant Blinking
2019-07-17 17:30:58

@Lunsfordc13 

On the version 1 of the product the Wi-Fi LED status is as follows:

Blinking Rapidly: The Wi-Fi is working properly.

Blinking Once every second: Wi-Fi cloning is in process.

For the one that is solid.  it possible traffic isn't passing, or something minor like that.  If its working fine though i wouldn't give it much thought.  

Options
Re:Re:Wifi Light Constant Blinking
2019-07-18 08:59:55
Carl, Thanks for the speedy reply. It got me thinking, so I went and had a look at both extenders side by side.... and sure enough, one is Version 1 and the other is Version 4. Now, I'll bet you that the version 4 wifi light stays lit when active!! I bought the second extender off eBay and that's the v1. Never thought about versions for this device. Oh well, everything should be allright so guess I didn't have a problem afterall. Again, thanks for your help. Lunsfordc13
Options
2020-12-06 09:54:30

@Carl I've just upgraded from the av500 with one extender to the av600 with 2 extenders, both v4. I've wasted a considerable amount of time (using WPS to clone wifi settings) trying to get the Wi-Fi led to flash rapidly as it does on the av500. No mention of which led indicators you should expect to see, in fact I thought compared to the 500 the 600 included paperwork was pretty poor. 

So like you I've now come to the conclusion it is working but still have nagging doubts.

Options
2020-12-07 18:52:57

@Zippy1580 

For the V4 of the WPA4220 solid wireless light is normal for opteration. Blinking only happens if its syncing or cloning.  Once complete it will remain solid.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 20791

Replies: 4