Wired Connection Not Working after New Router Installed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-18 14:42:20
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I just upgraded my router to the A7. I followed the setup guide and got all my Wifi devices working as well as two other ethernet devices working (TV and PS4) - however my PC, which runs windows 10 and is connected directly by ethernet - does not work. I tried the following things: 

1. reset router to factory

2. plugged cable into laptop - ruling out bad ethernet cable

3. Unplugged computer for a few minutes and then plugged back in. 

Nothing seems to work. I have literally never heard of a compatability issue with wired connections! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
17 Reply
Re:Wired Connection Not Working after New Router Installed
2019-07-18 16:52:23

@JDowns 

A few things to look at and try.

Ethernet test:

check the front of the A7, does the indicator light for the ethernet port light up? If not try taking the ethernet cable and connecting it to two ports like port 1 and port 2 then check the lights if still off try moving your modem (known working cabled) and plug it into Port 1 or 2  and see if the lights come on.  If the light does not come on you have bad LAN ports and an RMA is needed.

Computer test:

IF the light is lit, open a command prompt window and type ipconfig /all then hit enter.  Scroll throught he results and look for Ethernet adapter and review the results. Is the IP address 169.254.x.x or is it 192.168.x.x?  If 169.254.x.x  you computer is not completing the handshake with the router.  you will want to check the adapter settings and make sure its set to DHCP/auto-obtiain.  Do this by opening Control Panel then going to Network and Sharing Center.  Click on Change adapter settings on the left Find the ethernet adapter and right click on it.  Select properities then select Internet Protocol version 4(TCP/IP) and click properties.  make sure IP and DNS are both set to automatically obtian.  Then retest

Check the router:

Long into the router. On Basic look at the network map and click on Wired under client devices.  See if there are any listings.  If not click on the Advanced tab then click on Secuirty then Access Control.  Make sure Access Control is not enable, but if it is Disable it and see if that solve the issue 

Let us know 

Options
Re:Re:Wired Connection Not Working after New Router Installed
2019-07-19 03:43:13

Hello, thank you for suggestions. 

I tried all of those things. 

The ports on router worked find. Lights up. 

When i plug my computers ethernet into the router - it does not light up and computer does not recognize an ethernet cable. 

Still no ethernet access on PC. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Wired Connection Not Working after New Router Installed
2019-08-01 18:06:43

@JDowns 

It sounds like the ethernet port on your computer has gone bad then.  An easy fix would be a item like our UE300  this is a USB to gigabit ethernet adapter.  its a very cheap way to add wired eithernet to your PC again wifh out having to remove a network card.  

Options
2020-02-06 08:29:06

@JDowns I am having the same issue with the same route. I Have plugged the ethernet into a different router also from TP-Link and it works perfectly. But whenever I use this router it says no internet access. And this is only happening for my PC. I use other devices and the ethernet ports work fine. But for some reason my PC cant access internet on this router specifically through ethernet even though the cables and the ports and working properly.

Options
2020-02-06 12:55:05
In that PC settings, delete the network, power cycle the PC and router, and then re-add the network.
Options
2020-04-05 10:00:45

@HamzaTariq03 i think im having the exact same issue. Did you work out how to fix this problem?

Options
2020-06-05 08:07:38

@JDowns I have a similar issue.  My ethernet cable is plugged in, I can connect to the router, but dont get any internet connection.  My Smart TV is connecting fine, even when plugged into the same ethernet port than what is giving issues for my PC.  Ethernet port on my PC working fine when plugged into other connections.

Options
2020-06-05 14:31:32
It could be your Security Suite. If your IP Address had changed, the suite could stop it? Check the Firewall or suite to see if your LAN is allowed in? How to do this varies by the security though.
Options
2020-06-12 18:32:33

@JDowns I am having the same issue with 2 HP using the Realteck GBE ethernet cards that worked fine minutes before on my older cisco router.  it is not my ethernet adapters, your router is not acknowledging the card.  Packets are being sent to the router, nothing is being transmitted back.  The router recognizes the physical link (pretty light is blinking on both) but no packets are being sent.  So, I have two pcs w/ the same card and drivers, that worked minutes before, but according to this thread, there isn't a problem w/ the router? Don't think so...

Yes, I have don't tcp/ip troubleshooting from the loopback address, to the mac and to the cards IP address (self-assigned because it can't talk to the stupid router), and they all work.

How is archer going to fix this?

Options
2020-06-12 18:50:46
Well, they connected after removing VLAN, which is disappointing, but it works. is there a way to configure VLANS?
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 46717

Replies: 17