two-factor authentication for kasa accounts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

two-factor authentication for kasa accounts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:two-factor authentication for kasa accounts
2020-10-07 04:44:00

Still no 2 factor authentication (2FA) for TP-Link accounts? This happened to me recently and so I checked my TP-Link login account settings to see if I can enable 2FA. I can't seem find any such feature. It's super dangerous to share a single login access data with the Router and other TP-link online accounts. 

Options
2020-11-02 15:21:46

I just received my Deco M9 Plus and following the instructions to download the application and create a TP Link account. To my shocking surprise you do not offer  Two-Factor Authentication on my account. The security of my account is as strong as the password I set, which nowadays is considered very very weak. I have so many devices and smart home IOT connected this this account. 2FA is industry standards nowadays. Is not optional anymore and I cannot believe my eyes I am reading the forum moderators in other posts that this is not a feature which you are considering. 2020 for god's sake!

Options
2021-01-17 18:35:58

Got a camera for Christmas.  Surprised to find their isn't MFA available.  Not going to use until there is.

Options
2021-01-17 22:18:19

@HowToSetupMFA Not going to happen, the first message on this thread was from July 2019 - If they don't have it now, they don't intend to get it. If you guys are lucky you might see new cams and new firmwares/support for 2FA but back-port probably not or their devs would have done it by now.

Options
2021-12-14 23:39:08

@Tony my Kasa account has been compromised and altered. tp-link is a danger to the home security community and sells dangerous products with zero security. 2-Step verification is a simple, effective protection measure for saying customers. ALL tp-link products are dangerous and will continue to be untill 2-step verification is available to all customers.

Options
Re:two-factor authentication for kasa accounts-Solution
2022-05-16 18:37:13 - last edited 2022-05-16 18:37:36

Announcing Two-Factor Authentication for Kasa Users

We have started to roll out two-factor authentication for our Kasa accounts. This means that, when enabled, a new device signing in with TP-Link ID will be asked to present a time sensitive verification code to protect your account from unauthorized access.

I have already created and published a new KB Article detailing how to Set up 2-Factor Authentication in the Kasa App. If you want to jump ahead and get registered, the instructions for sign up, if eligible, can be found here: 

Enabling Two-Step Verification on the Kasa App

As a reminder, we are slowly rolling this feature out to our users by enabling the feature on your account in waves. The menu for Two Factory Authentication can already be found in the app, and will tell you if the feature has been enabled on your account yet.

Recommended Solution
Options