3 Way Switch Strangeness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 Way Switch Strangeness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
3 Way Switch Strangeness
3 Way Switch Strangeness
2019-07-20 00:24:10
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Hey all,

I have something strange happening with a HS210 I have installed.  The light is wired and installed correctly.  However I am observing a couple things I am hoping you can help out with.

1. The white halo is always on.  No matter if the light is on or off, the white halo is always on

2. The state of the light in the Kasa app always changes to off.  Meaning if I turn the light on the status is on (green) in the app and then after a few seconds it turns off (grey)

3. Alexa cannot control the light by voice and the push button control in the Alexa app is off too.  It can only turn the light on, not off.

Note:  I only have 1 of the HS210s wired into the 3-way.  I’ve done this before with no issues.  

Do you think I have a defective switch?  It seems to me that the light doesn’t know it’s current state (on vs off) so its causing it not to function correctly.

Thoughts? 

Thanks,

Ryan

Options
5 Reply
Re:3 Way Switch Strangeness
2019-07-20 04:09:28

OK it appears that it was the switch.  I had  another set of HS210 that I bought and Prime Day and I swapped one of them for the switch I had.  Things are working fine now.

Anyone have any idea if I can get this bad switch repaired?

Ryan

Options
2019-07-20 11:54:19
For future reference, please feel free to e-mail Kasa.Support@TP-Link.com and we'll gladly have a Support Agent follow up with you directly. Thank You, TP-Link Support Kasa.Support@TP-Link.com https://community.tp-link.com
Options
Re:Re:3 Way Switch Strangeness
2019-07-22 16:02:30

@RyanEverhart789 

What @B.Will mentioned, contact our support agents and they will be able to assist you with that.

Options
2019-12-31 17:57:54

@RyanEverhart789 

Hi Ryan,

I'm having this same issue with one of the four switches that I just purchased also. I'm curious if you determined that it was in fact a faulty switch? Thanks for any input.

Options
2019-12-31 18:30:13

@Adam1234 I just put in a different switch and when the new switch worked as expected I determined that the previous switch must have been bad. 

Ryan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1175

Replies: 5