Device widget always shows device as "on"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-26 15:55:03 - last edited 2019-07-26 16:02:35
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The Device Widget always shows the "on" button highlighted regardless of whether I press on or off. The device reacts appropriately to the press of either button but I have no idea what the on/off status of the device is based on the widget's visual. With this screen shot, the device is "off" but the widget will show "on" highlighted regardless of it's state.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Device widget always shows device as "on"
2019-07-26 18:22:47

@SethW 

I deffiantly can see how it looks like that however in truth this is just color coding of the buttons.  White for on and Gray for off.   

Options
Re:Re:Device widget always shows device as "on"
2019-07-26 18:35:48

Don't you want to widget to tell you what the current status is - especially if you're engaging it while remote?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Device widget always shows device as "on"
2019-07-26 18:50:29

@SethW 

I agree with you that it would make sense.  I'll let our App team know of the request and see what they say.  

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Device widget always shows device as "on"
2019-08-01 18:55:28

@SethW 

I got a reply and this is actually by design.  Because of how the app controls "states"  putting it in the widget would require the widget to pull an inqury constantly at the denterment of your devices battery, so to advoid this the widgets were made stateless.  

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Device widget always shows device as "on"
2019-08-01 19:13:53

Think you meant "state" and "detriment". Thx.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 740

Replies: 5